Role: Duty Manager
- Location: Bracknell
- Start Date: April 2021
- Term: Full Time (40 Hours per week)
Stirrups is currently looking to recruit a Full Time Duty Manager to join our fantastic management team and help us make the most of the recovery post lockdown!
In 2020 we revitalised our Summer Garden Restaurant offering and since then, we have not looked back. Now with our winter Private Dining Pods and soon to arrive Summer Cabanas, as well as weddings & events coming back, we feel we will need more managerial experience going forward.
This is not your typical Hotel Duty Manager role! Its hands on, super customer facing, incredibly varied, and covers all areas of the hotel. Responsibilities include:
- Duty Managers are involved in co-ordinating and running weddings and events, managing the F&B staff to ensure each event is a smooth one. You need to deal efficiently with any issues and making sure that all our guests have a great time and that our high service standards are constantly met. As our current Duty Managers say in terms of weddings in particular - "you not only get to sell the venue to the Bride & Groom and help them organise the big day, you are also there for all the tears, hugs and happy smiles at the end!".
- As a Duty Manager, you will be a constant visible presence in our restaurant, functions and public areas at all times. You will manage the F&B and Housekeeping departments on a daily basis when on shift and be there go to person. It's up to you to lead, manage and motivate a diverse team to get the best out of service on each day, and not be afraid to lead by example and get your hands dirty.
- Input into rotas and ensure rotas are constantly reviewed according to forward looking business so staffing levels are covered in the hotel areas correctly.
- To maintain Health & Safety across the site, especially in regards to cleanliness and maintain our consistently high standards.
- As a small hotel, no one is fully silo'd in a role and there will be some reception shifts each week which we find is a good way to keep an eye on what has been going on and create positive impressions on our overnight guests as they check in.
- Liase with other departments, such as the kitchen to manage relationships effectively to ensure a smooth operation of the hotel
- Dealing with Wedding, Conference and Banqueting enquiries, arranging quotes and viewings of the hotel
- You will look for new ideas or efficiency savings in the business.Working as part of a small team in a family owned and run hotel, our Duty Managers have a large amount of autonomy and report directly into the Senior Duty Managers and the Directors themselves. This means we can be agile and all ideas are seriously considered and often implemented.
- A Good understanding of written & spoken English.
- Competent with MS Word & Excel and comfortable learning our other computers systems (training given)
- Proven team working skills and flexibility.
- Excellent communication and people skills and self-motivated.
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills
- Passionate about customer satisfaction and service
- Ideally worked in similar establishment or comes from a Hotel background
We are offering a competitive salary plus share of tips & uniform & 30% discount for all staff across the entire hotels offering. 21 days paid holiday + bank holidays.
As we are not regularly supplied by public transport, having a car and driving license would be best.
Hours of work
Rotas will be on a shift basis to include the following shifts
- Early – 7am – 3.00pm
- Late – 3.00pm – Finish (11.00pm normally unless there is a function where this could be as late as 1.30am)
- The role does require you to be able to work weekends, bank holidays, Christmas day, Boxing Day, New Year’s Eve & New Year’s Day.