Role: Senior Chef De Partie
- Location: Bracknell
- Start Date: April 2021
- Term: Full Time (40 Hours per week)
Stirrups is currently looking to recruit a Full Time Senior CDP to join our dynamic Kitchen Brigade, led by Head Chef Lampa Mortimer, as we expand our Kitchen team and ensure we can make the most of the post lockdown recovery with our Food & Beverage offering!
In 2020 we revitalised our Summer Garden Restaurant offering and since then we have not looked back! Now with our winter Private Dining Pods and soon to arrive Summer Cabanas, as well as a summer of recovery looking likely, we need some more experienced help in our kitchen to manage our uprated F&B offering.
This role is anything but boring! As well as our various outdoor offerings, we have a 70 seat restaurant and 2 function rooms which are popular for weddings and functions you would need to be able to work competently, effectively and safely across all sections of the kitchen to ensure the Stirrups quality across all the various F&B outlets. Other responsibilities include:
- Consistently preparing and plating quality Food throughout service.
- To assist in preparation and presentation of all meals at required times and to required standards.
- To report and where possible take action on any Customer complaints or compliments.
- To record daily costings of menu items where required.
- To ensure that statutory regulations including Food safety and COSHH are adhered to in the absence of management.
- Collaborate with Sous and Head Chef in designing function and restaurant menus.
- To ensure the smooth running of the kitchen in absence of the Sous or Head Chef.
- To prepare and assist with function business as required.
- Maintain strong relationships with local suppliers to ensure quality of product.
- To ensure compliance of all cleaning schedules required for the Kitchen.
- To assist with training and development of Kitchen Staff.
- Stock Ordering and Rotation
- Ensure safety and hygiene standards are met and always maintained.
- To assist with orders, checking and storing deliveries, and help determine rotas as directed by Head Chef.
- A Good understanding of written & spoken English.
- Excellent Communication skills and team player.
- Proven track record of success creating quality and innovative food.
- Worked as CDP/Senior CDP in busy hotel dealing with Restaurant and functions.
- Leadership and Management skills
- Passion for Food
- High level to attention to detail
- Positive, approachable & calm manner
- Enthusiasm to develop your own skills and knowledge plus those around you
- Ability to work without close supervision
- NVQ of Cookery - Level 2 ideal
- Food Hygiene level 2 or above
Hours of work
Rotas will be on a shift basis to include the following shifts
- Early – 6.45am – 3.00pm
- Late – 3.00pm – Finish (11.00pm normally unless there is a function where this could be as late as 1.30am)
- Split Shifts – Normally 10.30am – 2.30pm & 6.30pm – 11.00pm (these may vary from time to time)
- The role does require you to be able to work weekends, bank holidays, Christmas day, Boxing Day, New Year’s Eve & New Year’s Day.
£24,000 - £25,000 per annum based on experience - 40 hours per week (Chefs need to have a life too!) plus share of tips & uniform & 30% discount for all staff across the entire hotels offering. 21 days paid holiday + bank holidays.