Role: Senior Sous Chef
- Location: Stirrups Hotel Bracknell
- Start Date: Immediate
- Term: Full Time 40 Hours
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Sous Chef to join our dynamic Brigade of Chefs. Reporting to our Head Chef Lampa Mortimer. Stirrups Hotel is a multi-faceted business with a well known Restaurant and banqueting operations. We are a family owned and run hotel allowing us to be agile with our menus to create seasonal menus and specials to follow market trends.
- Being Hands on with the ability to work comfortably in all sections of the kitchen on fresh food preparation.
- Comfortable with running banqueting and restaurant operations.
- Experience of managing a team of Chefs, training, motivating and developing them.
- Ability to run the Kitchen when the Head Chef is not on duty
- Able to look ahead at upcoming business, ordering what is required and keeping stock levels at the optimum level to reduce waste.
- Comfortable with Fresh Food Menu preparation and delivery
- Ability to come up with new ideas for dishes and to work alongside the Head Chef to implement them
- Comfortable communicating with the FOH staff and Duty Managers.
- Able to Remain calm and composed under pressure.
- An excellent understanding of allergens, HACCP and all other kitchen paperwork requirements.
- Ability to achieve food GP margins.
- Previously worked to a Sous chef level in a Hotel Environment.
- Level 3 Hygiene certificate
- Allergen Training certificate
What we offer:
- Annual salary of £30,000 - £32,000 based on experience.
- A 40 hour contract (As a family operation we believe in a work life balance!)
- 28 days holiday
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- All meals on duty
- Live out position. As we are not on a regular bus route a car is a must.