An avid chef? Or a newbie with a passion for food? Be inspired by our cooking classes starting on Thursday 23rd January, learning to make your own aromatic dishes from scratch. Our Head Chef, Lampa Mortimer will show you how to make some delicious dishes from scratch as you have full involvement in the prep and cooking proving the full Chef’s experience!
These intimate Classes are practical, hands on experiences ensuring you will be able to prepare and cook the dishes at home. Classes are intended to be informal, relaxed and fun. They are a great way to meet likeminded people too!
There is no need to have any previous cooking experience, just a love of food and a willingness to experiment! Best of all, you get a delicious meal to enjoy from your own creation – what’s not to like!
The dishes you will learn to cook
In each class, you will get the opportunity to create three dishes, as well as any pastes and sauces that go with them. For curry dishes, all curry pastes are made from scratch.
So what's included?
- A fully hands on experience in a small group (maximum of 10 people) for 2.5 to 3 hours
- Complimentary Tea & Coffee on arrival
- Tuition from authentic, friendly and knowledgeable Thai chefs
- All ingredients - the ingredients used in the class are always high quality and where possible locally sourced. Although we use some specialist Thai ingredients, we also adapt to ingredients available in the UK so that you can re-create the dishes at home
- A set of recipes for your dishes
- A masterclass in how to plate and garnish your dish
- The dishes you cook to enjoy at the end of the class
- A complimentary glass of wine to accompany your dishes
Cooking Master Class - Thai
Thursday 23rd January from 5:30pm
In the first of our cooking masterclasses, Head Chef Lampa Mortimer will be showcasing some culinary classics from her Thai heritage. Thai cooking is extremely flexible and, although you will be given recipes, the emphasis is on understanding the ingredients and flavours and using your senses to make adjustments while you cook. Your class starts with an introduction to Thai ingredients (and substitutes) and the key flavours in Thai cooking - sweet, sour, salty and spicy.
Through the class and an 'active tasting' approach, you will learn how to create these flavours and, importantly, how to balance them – led by Lampa as she shares her expertise in her native culinary dishes.
Gai haw bai toey/Chicken wrapped in pandan leaves
Vegetable spring rolls with sweet chili sauce
Gaeng panang pla/ Samon with creamy red curry sauce, lime leaves, roast peanut
To Book call Reception on 01344 882284, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or click the Book Now button to take you through to our 'Contact Us' page.